Part of our travels over the last 2 summers have included working for a month at a summer camp in So. Oregon, hosted by a beautiful place called Trillium Farm.
This year I was one of the head cooks. It was quite a challenge because I'd never cooked for over 25 people and there were around 125 at summer Camp. But we did it (Ethan helped me and I supervised 4-5 volunteers each meal) and it was a lot of fun!
These pictures are from a building on Trillium, called the "Maple Grove," which is used as the summer-camp office while we're there. Everyone knew we had a mouse, someone had even seen it once. One night after everyone else had gone we were getting ready to turn the lights out and head to the tent when I saw the phantom mouse out of the corner of my eye. But there was something strange about her shape, she was carrying something in her mouth . . .
Ethan shown his headlamp on her and I was able able to document her route. We watched her take it twice, but who knows how many times she actually made this perilous journey with her precious cargo. Whether she was scared by us or not, she was not deterred even being in the spot-light (I do feel a little guilty about that.)
This year I was one of the head cooks. It was quite a challenge because I'd never cooked for over 25 people and there were around 125 at summer Camp. But we did it (Ethan helped me and I supervised 4-5 volunteers each meal) and it was a lot of fun!
These pictures are from a building on Trillium, called the "Maple Grove," which is used as the summer-camp office while we're there. Everyone knew we had a mouse, someone had even seen it once. One night after everyone else had gone we were getting ready to turn the lights out and head to the tent when I saw the phantom mouse out of the corner of my eye. But there was something strange about her shape, she was carrying something in her mouth . . .
Ethan shown his headlamp on her and I was able able to document her route. We watched her take it twice, but who knows how many times she actually made this perilous journey with her precious cargo. Whether she was scared by us or not, she was not deterred even being in the spot-light (I do feel a little guilty about that.)
She came from under the couch across the room,
to behind the mini fridge and up onto the counter . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment